Wednesday 20 May 2009

Talking tactics

Sitting here at work on the day of the first leg, I can't take my mind off the match, so I am left with little option but to update this blog again.
I've been thinking back to Sunday's game at Hampden, and specifically to John's tactical substitutions. They worked a treat on the day - bringing on 'gritty' players like Thomson helped us to see the game out.
It will be interesting to see, though, whether he follows the same strategy will happen if we're lucky enough to find ourselves ahead in the second leg of the final. Personally I hope he doesn't - if we were to concede a late goal, I wouldn't be comfortable in those circumstances without Love and (especially) Dalziel. If we do end up having to play extra time and pens, we'll need our top scorer on the park.
Roll on tonight...

No comments: