Wednesday 19 September 2007

Dumbarton Rocks

What a week to be a Stenhousemuir supporting member of the Tartan Army. The best away win in history; and Scotland win in Paris. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it to Dumbarton; oh, how I wish the situation had been reversed and I could have swapped a few days in Paris earlier in the week for a murky Saturday afternoon watching, by all accounts, a scintillating performance by the Warriors! Disappointingly, I have not felt as if I was missing out on much over recent weeks when I have been unable to get to our games. Already there is a pervading sense of doom and gloom about the place. Okay, we beat Dumbarton, but they are hopeless, and we weren’t much better, seems to be the general consensus. I have this horrible feeling that already this season is following the path we went down last year, all of which makes for pretty grim viewing and doesn’t exactly make me excited about spending Saturday afternoons watching Stenhousemuir. Hopefully, my opinion will be different come 4.45pm this coming Saturday when I see for myself exactly how the team is shaping up. I don’t think it will be an easy game. Stranraer are one of those teams that I dread playing against as, probably for no good reason, I always think of them as being a decent team at this level who are difficult to get the better of. They have signed some decent players (eg Gillies, Keogh) but that doesn’t always guarantee success, as we know only too well. However, with Montrose beating East Fife and the wheels coming off The Shire bandwagon, it seems, as ever, that there are no great shakes in this league. Can we take advantage?

No comments: